[Iabs-talk] 2016 State Convention Theme

Denise Avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 23:37:52 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,
Our State convention will be here before you know it, October 28-30, 2016. We have a theme for our convention, “conquering The Odds.”
When we as individuals and as a whole rise above the low expectations society has for blind people we are Conquering The Odds.”
Some dates to keep in mind are:
August 27, 2016 9-5 pm - Face-to-Face Board Meeting - Chicago Naperville Marriott - Naperville Illinois or join us by conference call (641-715-3273 For those of you who will be attending in person, and will need a hotel, the rate is $93. Either myself or Patti will let you know the menu for lunch, and you can place your order with Patti, pattischang at gmail.com <mailto:pattischang at gmail.com> or 773-307-6440.
September 1, 2016 Chappell Dennis Applications (Assistance to State convention) are due to me by e-mail davant1958 at gmail.com <mailto:davant1958 at gmail.com> or for more information call me at 773-991-8050. The Chappell Dennis application can be found on our website at nfbofillinois.org <http://nfbofillinois.org/>.

September 17, 2016 October Fest, which will be held at the home of Patti and Francisco Chang - Cost $25 per ticket  make your reservation with Patti Chang - Pattischang at gmail.com <mailto:Pattischang at gmail.com> or 773-307-6440. Also let her know if you will be contributing any items like desserts etc.

October 28-30, 2016 State Convention at the Chicago Naperville Marriott in Naperville Illinois
The room rate is $104 per night.
Thank you.

Denise R. Avant
President, National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois
Live the life you want