[Iabs-talk] FW: Don't miss this! Audio Description for BARBECUE in the 1700 Theatre

denise Avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 12:33:45 UTC 2017

Denise R. Avant, President

Live the life you want.

For more information about NFBI,

Go to www.nfbofillinois.org.

From: Amy Peterson [mailto:Amy at equipforequality.org]
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2017 7:33 AM
To: Amy Peterson <Amy at equipforequality.org>
Subject: FW: Don't miss this! Audio Description for BARBECUE in the 1700
Theatre

FYI

From: Evan Hatfield [mailto:ehatfield at steppenwolf.org]
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 4:46 PM
To: Access
Subject: Don't miss this! Audio Description for BARBECUE in the 1700 Theatre

Hi, everyone!

Before you get too excited or confused, heads up - Barbecue is the title of
a really funny play by Robert O'Hara, presented by our friends at Strawdog
Theatre in our 1700 Theatre.

I'm really happy to share that they'll be presenting Audio Description and a
pre-show Touch Tour for the 3:30pm performance on Sunday, September 10.
Tickets for people taking advantage of the Audio Description have been
discounted to $20.

This is a great show, and I strongly encourage you to check it out.
Information about the show and buying tickets is below.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, hope to see you
soon!

Evan

Strawdog Theatre presents
Barbecue

By Robert O'Hara

Directed by Damon Kiely

Steppenwolf 1700 Theatre

Audio Description and Touch Tour Performance: Sunday, September 10

Touch Tour: 2pm

Curtain: 3:30pm

Run time: Two hours, which includes one intermission

ABOUT THE SHOW

A modern American family uses a summer barbecue as a pretext to ambush
sister Barbara with an intervention. If you think "all families are crazy"
is just a cliche, you've not spent time under the influence of the
O'Mallerys. An afternoon in the park with these raucous siblings and you'll
be challenging your own assumptions about family, race, and reality. The
Chicago premiere of Barbecue by Obie and Helen Hayes Award winner Robert
O'Hara will have you laughing out loud and questioning how it's true that in
America, you sometimes taze the ones you love.

Featuring Kristin Collins, Celeste M. Cooper, Kamille Dawkins, Anita Deely,
Barbara Figgins, Deanna Reed-Foster, Abby Pierce, John Henry Roberts, Ginneh
Thomas and Terence Simms.

Audio Description by Shayne Kennedy

BOX OFFICE

To purchase tickets online, please click here
<https://www.steppenwolf.org/tickets--events/seasons/2017-18/barbecue/?id=24
118> .

To order tickets over email, please send your request to
access at steppenwolf.org <mailto:access at steppenwolf.org> .

Please tell the operator that you're interested in Audio Description.

In person 1650 N Halsted

Phone (312) 335-1650

E-mail access at steppenwolf.org <mailto:access at steppenwolf.org>

Box Office Hours

Open 7 days a week except for certain major holidays

11 AM to 5 PM Tue-Sat & 1 PM to 5 PM Sun-Mon

Open until 7 PM on days with evening performances

Steppenwolf is located near all forms of public transportation and is
wheelchair accessible.  Street and lot parking are available.  Assistive
listening devices are available in all of our theaters.

If you would like to be removed from this list, please reply to this email.