[Iabs-talk] Our Holiday Card

Patti Chang pattischang at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 23:55:29 UTC 2017

Hello all,

We are getting our note out later and later in the year. Seems there are
never enough hours in the day. Wishing you and yours happy holidays and a
prosperous new year.

Julia's May Graduation from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Left
to Right: Patti, Francisco, Julia and Johnathon
Our updates this year are around the kids. Francisco and Patti are still
quite content with their current jobs. Francisco is working for
<https://swedishcovenant.org/> Swedish Covenant Hospital. He runs the
pacemaker clinic.

Patti has settled in as Director of Outreach for
<https://nfb.org/scholarships> the National Federation of the Blind. They
are doing as much dancing as they can manage. Lately that hasn't been much
since Patti sprained her ankle dancing, but they plan to be back at it as
soon as possible.

Julia continues to globe trot. Next stop is South America. She graduated on
May 13 this past year with a Bachelor's in Civil Engineering and will
graduate again on May 12 this year with her Master's in Civil Engineering
and has already accepted a job with  <https://www.mortenson.com/> Mortenson
Construction in their Chicago office. She will move back home in May and
start work late next summer probably after doing more travelling.

Rebecca and Johnathon at a holiday party. They both wear festive sweaters
and hats. Johnathon is hugging Rebecca and Rebecca holds a sign on a stick
with an arrow pointing to Johnathon, labelled "nice"John is getting married
on May the Fourth to Rebecca Schmidt. Their wedding planning is well along.
He works hard for  <http://www.belvederetrading.com/> Belvedere Trading as a
desktop support analyst. In his spare time, he is an avid computer gamer.

We are thrilled to welcome Rebecca to our family. She and John started
dating shortly after he moved back up to Chicago although they knew each
other in high school. Her family lives close by and we enjoy spending time
with them. Rebecca is a financial advisor with
<https://www.transamerica.com/individual/> Transamerica.

Picture of Johnathon proposing to Rebecca in July. He popped the question
when they were on vacation with her family in Iron River, Michigan. He is
down on one knee in front of the lake at their vacation house. The
accompanying pictures highlight some of the major events in the Chang family
during 2017.  The first picture is from Julia's graduation from the
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.  The second and third are of the
newly engaged and happy couple (Top is from a recent Christmas party, both
wearing festive sweaters and hats, and Rebecca holding a "nice" sign
pointing at Johnathon, Bottom is from the proposal in July, to which Rebecca
said a resounding "Yes!")

>From ours to yours, have a snowy, festive, bright and cheerful holiday
season!  We look forward to hearing all of your updates.

Love Francisco, Patti, John, Julia and Rebecca