[Iabs-talk] Illinois Convention Registration form is now up

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 03:26:51 UTC 2018

Hello all,

The registration form for our 50th anniversary convention is now on our
website. You should register online by going to www.nfbofillinois.org
<http://www.nfbofillinois.org> .

If you know of someone who does not have a computer and wishes to register
for the convention, please have them call Patti Chang at 773-307-6440 or
David Meyer at 708-606-7091

This year's convention is at the Sheridan Chicago Hotel in Rosemont
Illinois, from October 26-28. Please note that convention pre-registration
cost $5 if done on or before October 12, 2018, and $20 thereafter.

Convention meals are as follows: Saturday and Sunday Breakfast $10, Saturday
student/vendor lunch $20, Saturday banquet $30. Please let Patti know of any
special dietary restrictions by October 21, 2018. Her e-mail address is
pattischang at gmail.com <mailto:pattischang at gmail.com>  or you can reach her
at the above telephone number. Please do not call the hotel with any meal
needs as it causes confusion.

Hotel Registration is due by October 5, 2018. The room rate is $99 per
night, and you can use the hotel's local number at 847-699-6300, and let
them know you are with the NFBI.

Chappell Dennis applications (financial assistance to state convention) are
due to me by September 1, 2018. It can be found on our website as well. My
e-mail address is davant1958 at gmail.com <mailto:davant1958 at gmail.com> .

Steve Hastalis will serve as this year's resolutions committee chair. His
e-mail address is steve.hastalis at gmail.com <mailto:steve.hastalis at gmail.com>
. Resolutions are due to him no later than October 12, 2018.

This year's door prize chair is Mary Grunwald, and she will be assisted by
Marilyn Green, President of At Large. Please give all of your door prizes to
Mary Grunwald. Do not leave them at the registration or info tables.

Gently used items are welcome. Small prizes, gift cards or cash are most
appreciated. If you know Braille, and can label your prize donation, please
do so. If you need a donation letter for your prize(s), please see your
chapter President or e-mail me.

Please support our students on Friday, October 26, 2018 by attending  and
participating in IABS Idol. The tickets are $5, and your first performance
is included. Every song is $5 thereafter.

I hope to see all of you at our 50th anniversary convention.

Denise R. Avant, President

(773)-991-8050

Live the life you want.

For more information about NFBI,