[Iabs-talk] 2018 NFBI Committees

denise Avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 16:16:57 UTC 2018

To: All Members of the National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois

From: Denise R. Avant

President, National Federation Of The Blind Of illinois

Date:January 2, 2018

This is our most up-to-date committee list. If you wish to be added to or
deleted from  a

committee, or if I inadvertently added or left your name off one of our
committees,  please let me know. My direct e-mail address is
davant1958 at gmail.com. Thanks to all of the chair persons and members for
your work on

our various committees in 2017. Your assistance is greatly appreciated by
your State President, Denise R. Avant

*** Based on our protocols, please take note of the following:

***  All committee meetings are open, except for Freedom Link,
Chappell-Dennis, and state scholarship.

*** Notices of meetings should be e-mailed to our general membership and
student listservs.

***  Notes should be taken at every meeting.

I would also recommend that the chairs hold at least one meeting, with your
committee members to get to know them, and what they can do to help serve
the committee and NFBI.

2018  National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Committee Appointments:

Amended and updated: January 2, 2018

COMMITTEES

XXX Advocacy Committee

(Advocates with employers, schools, DRS, ICRE-WOOD and other public or
private agencies

for blind residents of Illinois.)

Chair: Leslie  Hamric

Members:          David Meyer,  Debbie Stein, Lois Montgomery, Adrienne
Falconer, Marilyn Green, Patti Chang, Denise Avant,

Charlene Elder, Kelly Pierce, Debbie Pittman,  Ronza Othman,  Linda Hendle

XXX Bell Committee

This committee will plan for our Bell Program(s)in 2018 and figure out how
to tie it in with our conventions, and other related seminars,

as well as our Freedom Link program.

Chair: Patti Chang

Members: Lois Montgomery,  Debbie Stein,  Bill Reif, Steve Hastlis,  Amy
Lund,

Denise Avant, ,  Cathy Randall,  Sarah Luna,

Chaquita Vincent, Emma Meyer, Julietta Meyer, Katie   Leinum

XXX Braille Literacy Initiative

Chair: Robert Gardner

Members: Debbie Stein, (Nationwide BRAL), ,  Linda Hendle (LIFE Group
Chair), Debbie Pittman, Bill Reif,  Lois

Montgomery,

Pam Provost, And Patrick Olson

XXX Chappell-Dennis  Award Committee

(Responsible for decisions with guidance from NFBI board on aiding and
selecting people to

attend NFB events.)

(This is our only committee where the membership remains anonymous.)

XXX Development Committee

(Prepares and submits grant proposals.  Sends out annual appeal letters.
Handles things like our

letter to estates attorneys.)

Chair: Cathy Randall

Members: Patti Chang, (Treasurer NFBI)

Grants: Denise Avant,  Debbie Stein, Charlene Elder, Debbie Pittman, and
Bill Reif

XXX Door Prizes

Chair: Mary Grunwald:

Members: Nancy Gardner, Bill Reif, Roberta Glickman, Debbie Pittman,  Marco
Giannotti, Ed Birmingham,  Don Jordan and Bob Widman

XXX Freedom Link

(Transitions Club Committee for junior high and high school blind teenagers)

Chair:  Debbie Stein

Members: Bill Reif, MaryLou Grunwald,  Steve Hastalis, Robert  Hansen,

Nicholas Robertson, Amy Bosko, Marco Gianotti,  Paul Shepherdson, David
Meyer (coordinator, Patti Chang, Denise Avant, Leslie Hamric, and Bruce
Paulb

XXX Fund Raising and Budget Committee

(Responsible for all Fund Raising events e.g. Amazon Smile, Certificates,
and Octoberfest, etc

Responsible for putting together an annual budget for presentation to the
board.)

Chair: Patti Chang, treasurer

Members: Denise Avant, Cathy Randall, Leslie Hamric, MaryLou Grunwald,
Debbie Stein, Bob

Widman, Don Jordan, and Dave Meyer

XXX Guide Dog

Chair: Bill Reif

Members: Tori Clark, and Leslie Hamric

xxx ISVI

(Deals with the school for the blind and its issues.)

Chair: Bill Reif

Members:  Jesse Rogers, Charlene Elder, Cathy Randall, Dave Meyer, and

Debbie Stein

XXX Legislation- State, Committee

(Responsible for State Legislative action.)

Co-chairs: Dave Meyer and  Bill Reif

Members: Jemal Powell,  Marco Giannotti, Julietta Meyer, Dustin Cather,
Melissa Fuller, Robert Gardner, Patti Chang, and

Charlene Elder

XXX Legislation-Federal Committee

(Responsible for Washington Seminar and Federal Legislative Action.)

Co-chairs: Robert Gardner, Patti Chang, and David Meyer

Members:  Debbie Pittman, Jemal Powell, Lois Montgomery,  Adrienne Falconer,

Charlene Elder,  Emma Meyer, Julietta Meyer, Steve Hastalis, Dustin Cather,
Leslie Hamric, Melissa Fuller, Marilyn Green, and Glenn Moore

XXX Parent Committee

Chair: Debbie Stein

Members: Marilyn Green, Leslie Hamric, and Julietta Meyer

XXX PR/Social Media Committee

Co-chairs: Glenn Moore and Robert Hansen

Members: Linda Hendle, Patti Chang, Ronza Othman, Emma Meyer, Melissa
Fuller, Denise Avant

XXX Newsletter Illinois Independent

Chair: Debbie Stein

Members: Glenn Moore, Leslie Hamric, Bill Reif, David Meyer, Robert Gardner,
and Carolyn Nelson

XXX Resolutions Committee

(Responsible for reviewing and recommending "do Pass"  or "do not pass" to
the convention.)

2018

Chair: Patti Chang

Members: Bill Reif,  Harris Singer, David Meyer, Amy Bosko,  Dustin Cather,
MaryLou Grunwald,  and Steve Hastalis,

xXX Renewal and Membership Committee

(Responsible to assist all chapters in strengthening present membership and
building new

members.  Need to coordinate at-large chapter.

Chair:  Gina Falvo

Members: Leslie Hamric,  Glenn Moore, Linda Hendle,  Lois Montgomery,
Carolyn

Nelson,  Pat Olson, Patrick Olson, Bill Reif,  Bob Widman, Brian Sumner,
Marilyn Green,

and  Ken Staley

XXX Sales Committee

(Responsible to research items to sell as fund raisers)

Chair: Leslie Hamric

Members: Debbie Pittman,  Marco Giannotti, Mary Grunwald, Denise Avant,
Patti Chang.

xxx State Scholarship Committee

(Decides state scholarship candidates and internships.  Mentors those
persons at convention and

throughout the year.)

Chair: Debbie Stein

Members: Mellisa Fuller, Nicholas Robertson,  Patti Chang, Marilyn Green,
David Meyer,

and Bill Reif

xxx Special Events Committee

(Plans and carries out all aspects of our spring seminars and conventions
except for press, sends

out convention bulletin, and plans face-to-face board meetings.)

Co-chairs: Patti Chang, and  Jemal Powell

Members: Nancy Gardner, Pat Olson,  Roberta Reif, Marco Gianotti (sound at
Convention) and  Byron Lee, (counsultant),   Brian Mackey (webmaster),
Robert Gardner, and Emma Meyer (IABS President)

XXX Transportation Committee

Represent NFBI when dealing with transportation issues with both mainline
and paratransit

issues

Chair Jemal Powell

Members: Steve Hastalis, Melissa Fuller, Debbie Pittman,  Kelly Pierce

XXX Webpage Committee

(Purpose to keep the webpage growing and up to date. This committee will
design, and

implement the page as well as urge all to get content to the webmaster in a
timely fashion.)

Chair: Patti Chang

Members: Dan Tevalde, Christopher Milsap, Glenn Moore,  Brian Mackey,  and
Marco Giannotti

NFB National LIAISON APPOINTMENTS

XXX Public Relations

Glenn Moore

XXX Science Camp and Youth Slam Coordinator

Debbie Stein

XXX Rideshare  (Uber and LYFT Testing)

Leslie Hamric

XXX AIRA Coordinator

Marco Giannotti

XXX KNFB Reader Coordinator

Patti Chang

XXX GOVERNMENT ADVISORY PANEL APPOINTMENTS

XXX Blind Services Planning Council

NFBI Representatives: Andrew Webb and Leslie Hamric

XXX ISVI Advisery Committee:

Jesse Rogers

XXX OTHER

XXX Pace Suburban ADA Advisory Committee

Jemal Powell

XXX 50th NFBI Anniversary convention Committee

Co-chairs: Mary Grunwald and Steve Hastalis

Members: Ken Shadd, Gina Falvo, Denise Avant, Patti Chang, Bill Reif,
Charlene Elder, and Jemal Powell

The Illinois Affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind has two
listservs for all interested in

blindness issues in IL.  IL-Talk is for everyone and IABS-Talk is specific
for those interested in

student issues.  Sign up by going to www.nfbnet.org.

You can also find us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/nfbi and on facebook by
searching on

"National Federation of the Blind of Illinois."

Denise R. Avant, President

Live the life you want.

For more information about NFBI,

Go to www.nfbofillinois.org.