[Iabs-talk] FW: Announcing Hadley's 2018 New Venture Competition

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Tue Jan 23 20:18:35 UTC 2018

From: Colleen Wunderlich [mailto:Colleen at hadley.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 11:24 AM
To: Colleen Wunderlich <Colleen at hadley.edu>
Subject: Announcing Hadley's 2018 New Venture Competition

Dear Colleague,

Two years ago I had the idea of introducing a competition to inspire and
support blind and visually impaired would-be entrepreneurs.  I wanted Hadley
to go beyond teaching concepts to helping people make their ideas for new
businesses come to life. That was the genesis of Hadley's New Venture
Competition <https://hadley.edu/FCE-NVC.asp> .

The idea has proven so successful that we are offering it this year!  For
this, our third competition, we are offering cash awards up to $30,000 to
fund the start-up or early growth stage of a business being launched by a
blind or visually impaired individual.

To qualify, applicants take at least one module from our Forsythe Center for
Employment and Entrepreneurship series
<https://hadley.edu/FCE-CourseListing.asp>  and submit their business plan.
DEADLINE: March 15, 2018.

Have a client or student you'd like to recommend apply? Simply send them to
the Hadley website New Venture Competition page
<https://hadley.edu/FCE-NVC.asp> .  All the details, including the
expectations for the business plan submission, are explained there.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or
concerns.

Thank you so much for helping to get the word out about this exciting
opportunity.

Regards,

Colleen Wunderlich

Director, Forsythe Center for Employment and Entrepreneurship

Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually impaired

700 Elm Street, Winnetka, Illinois 60093

www.hadley.edu <http://www.hadley.edu>

Phone: 847-784-2889

---