[Iabs-talk] Final Days to Apply to Attend Washington Seminar 2019

Marilyn Green marilynvgreen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:05:54 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

I would like to remind you that applications for Washington Seminar
2019 are due to our state president, Denise Avant,
davant1958 at gmail.com, by 11:59 pm on Saturday, December 1.

Washington Seminar is an excellent opportunity for our members
throughout the state to actively participate in our movement to
improve the lives of blind people. Please see our state president's
words below and consider joining us for an exciting and enriching
experience.

We are in the final week for taking applications to attend Washington
seminar. Washington seminar is an awesome and empowering experience that
allows blind people to advocate and engage with our congressional
legislators about blindness legislation. Based on the legislative advocacy
of the members of the National Federation of the Blind, we saw the passage
of the Marrakesh Treaty, and the Space Available bill in 2018. So, whether
you are a student, a person wanting to attend for the first time, a parent
of a blind child, a blind parent or whether you are from Chicago or other
parts of Illinois, apply to participate in this awesome experience.

Washington seminar will be held from January 28-31, 2019. However, we are
asking everyone to come in on Sunday, January 27 and leave no later than
Tuesday at 7 pm or Wednesday at 7 pm. All attendees must also participate in
the training, which takes place by conference call before the seminar.  If
you wish to be part of the NFB of Illinois  delegation, the application may
be found on our website at www.nfbofillinois.org
<http://www.nfbofillinois.org> . The deadline to apply to Washington seminar
is 11:59 pm on December 1, 2018. Please send all applications to me at
davant1958 at gmail.com <mailto:davant1958 at gmail.com> .

Please read the application carefully, fill it out completely, and please do
not change the format of the application. In other words, please do not send
an inaccessible version of the application. If you need assistance in
filling it out, one of our members will be happy to assist you.

The point person at the upcoming Washington seminar will be Marilyn Green,
who is NFBI's federal legislation co-chair.

Let's go build the National Federation of the Blind,

Marilyn Green
Federal Legislation Co-Chair