[Iabs-talk] Legislative Advocacy on Merger

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:43:31 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I just heard from Andi Vanderkolk of Senator Cullerton's office. She told me
that she reached out to DHS about the pilot merger. She has been told that
the purpose of the pilot merger is for administrative purposes only, and
this is something that the state is just trying out. She was told that a
couple of states had such mergers. I reiterated our concerns, and
particularly emphasized that the Blind Services Planning Council was not
consulted in accordance with the Bureau of Blind Services Act. Ms.
Vanderkolk told me that members in Senator Cullerton's office would be
following the matter. She also plans to reach out to the Illinois Council of
the Blind.

Denise R. Avant, President

(773)-991-8050

Live the life you want.