[IABS-Talk] Fw: Picnic Announcement, Draft

David Meyer datemeyer at mysero.net
Thu Jul 18 23:25:37 UTC 2019

Forwarded message:

From: "Steve Hastalis" <steve.hastalis at gmail.com>
to: <datemeyer at mysero.net>
Cc: "'Holly Frisch'" <Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org>
Subject: Picnic Announcement, Draft
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 21:23:21 -0400

Hello Everyone,

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois, Chicago Chapter, once
again will hold its annual summer picnic. This year, we again will meet
at Saint Andrew's Greek Orthodox Church, 5649 North Sheridan Road, in
the Edgewater community of Chicago. The building is on the east side of
Sheridan Road, south of Hollywood.

The picnic will take place on Saturday, July 27.

Activities begin at 11:30 in the President's Room, at the south end of
the building.

We will begin serving lunch at 12 noon. Lunch will consist of various
salads, corn on the cob, barbecued chicken, brattwursts, all-beef
hamburgers and cheeseburgers. Beverages will include soft drinks,
lemonade and water. Desserts will include brownies and apple pie.

The building has two accessible entrances. The south entrance, on the
west side of the building, faces Sheridan Road. It has a ramp next to
five steps. The north entrance, on the east side of the building, faces
the parking lot. It has a ramp next to three steps. Washrooms also are
accessible.

If you come in from Sheridan Road, please do not use the north entrance
close to Hollywood, immediately behind the bus shelter. Rather, use the
south entrance closer to the middle of the block.

We will charge only ten dollars ($10) for this wonderful meal. Please
RSVP no later than Wednesday, July 24. If you reserve but do not come
or cancel, we still will hold you responsible for the cost of this lunch.

The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) operates two bus routes on Sheridan
Road — 147 Outer Drive Express and 151 Sheridan. Northbound buses stop
before crossing Hollywood. Southbound buses stop after crossing Hollywood.

CTA also operates Route 84 Peterson, eastbound and westbound on Bryn
Mawr, south of the church. Eastbound buses stop before crossing
Sheridan, and wetbound buses stop after crossing Sheridan.

The Red line stops at Bryn Mawr. Walk east on Bryn Mawr. Cross
Winthrop, Kenmore Sheridan. Turn left and go north to the church. Cross
the driveway to the parking lot and proceed to the south entrance
facing Sheridan. It has five steps up and a ramp to the right or south,
as you face the building.

Pace Paratransit vehicles and private autos may use the parking lot on
the east side of the building.

We have reserved the room until 4 o'clock. Come join us! Contribute to
the success and good fellowship of this event!

Please let me know if you wish to attend. I must notify the caterer
Wedesday, July 24. If you have questions or need further directions,
please call Steve Hastalis at: Home, (773) 508-5307; Cell, (773)
848-5307; E-mail: steve.hastalis at gmail.com.