[Iabs-talk] NFB National Convention Registration

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 14:20:07 UTC 2019

Hello all,

We are approaching the 2019 NFB national convention. In a little over two
months, many of us will be headed to the Mandalay Bay in las Vegas to attend
the 79th annual convention of the National Federation of the Blind.

For many, it will be your first time at an NFB convention. For others, you
have not been in a few years. Still others attend every year. Whatever the
case, I hope as many of you as possible will join us. You can pre-register
for the national convention by going to convention.nfb.org. If you
pre-register, the registration cost is $25, and the banquet ticket is $70.
Please remember to get your room at the Mandalay Bay. At last check, there
were still rooms available in the room block. The rate is $99.

For more information, and a convention overview, go to
www.nfb.org/convention <http://www.nfb.org/convention> .

We will also have a small social gathering on July 7 in the president's room
so that we can all relax and get acquainted before convention gets going.
The cost is $10 per person. We will have lite refreshments. More information
will follow.

I do not have the caucus information yet. But it will be distributed widely
once I receive it.

I have Jernigan fund tickets for sale $10 each. The winner gets a trip for
two and a thousand dollars to next years convention, and $500 to the
chapter. I will have them at the Chicago chapter meeting, and during the
caucus. Money raised from the sale of Jernigan tickets go to the Kenneth
Jernigan Scholarship fund to help people attend convention. Illinois has had
a few winners over the years. So, I hope that all of you will purchase a
ticket.

Thanks.

Denise R. Avant, Esq.

President,