[IABS-Talk] support the chicago chapter christmas auction

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 18 05:33:14 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

We all ask ourselves from time to time, are fundraisers really important?
Does one really benefit from organization-chapter fundraisers?

If you are interested in attending Washington Seminar, the answer is an
resounding yes!

The Chicago chapter board met this evening and decided the following. The
amount spent on assistance for Washington Seminar will increase from $1,000
to $2,000 if the Christmas auction yields at least $1,000.

This could allow someone to attend Washington Seminar who might not
otherwise be able to do so. This could mean a cosponsorship to one of our
legislative initiatives that might not otherwise happen.

I know that we would all like to see tax credits for assistive technology,
the elimination of subminimum wages for disabled workers, and appliances,
excersize equipment and medical equipment that can be operated independently
without the creation of modifications/work arounds.

So, let's all do our part and make this years Christmas auction a rousing
success.

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and Channel Administrator, NFB-NewsLine

Chicago Chapter President