[IABS-Talk] Washington Seminar Applications due December 1, 2019

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 13:30:12 UTC 2019

Hello all,

One of the most awesome experiences I have had in my years in the NFB is to
represent the Illinois affiliate at Washington seminar. Every year, members
of the NFB of Illinois travel to Washington and join other federationists to
go to Capitol Hill and talk to our national representatives about issues
important to blind Americans.

We will do so again in 2020. The dates for Washington seminar are February
10-13, 2020. If you wish to be part of this awesome experience, please go to
our website, www.nfbofillinois.org, and download the application. Fill it
out and send it back to me in a word or RTF format by December 1. My e-mail
address is davant1958 at gmail.com <mailto:davant1958 at gmail.com> . We need
people from across Illinois and students and parents to participate. Don't
worry if you have never done this before. Experience federationists will get
you ready through our training call before the seminar and training we will
have  during the seminar.

Our legislative initiatives include, phasing out of subminimum  wages of
Section 14c of the Fair Labor Standards Act, a tax credit to help blind
Americans purchase expensive adaptive hardware and software, and making home
appliances, medical equipment and exercise equipment accessible to blind
Americans.

Denise R. Avant, Esq.

President,

773-991-8050