[IABS-Talk] Some critical information from President Riccobono' s Notebook

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 21:20:35 UTC 2020

Hello all,

The following has been taken from President Riccobono' s notebook.

"Critical Actions:

Seeking Those Applying for SSDI Benefits:

We are seeking blind persons who have recently been in the process of
applying for SSDI benefits and have had to sign various forms for Social
Security. Additionally, we wish to speak with those blind persons who
recently have had to fill out the SSA Form 1696. This is the form that
allows you to appoint someone else to represent you before SSA. This request
is time sensitive. Please have such individuals contact Valerie Yingling at
vyingling at nfb.org <mailto:vyingling at nfb.org>  or 410-659-9314, extension
2440.

News:

Presidential Release-May 1:

Attend the May Presidential Release (#494) of the National Federation of the
Blind on May 1, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. eastern. After the remarks and updates
from the elected President of the National Federation of the Blind, the
organization's first vice president, Pam Allen, will moderate questions.
Members of the Federation are encouraged to attend, and non-members are
warmly welcomed. Send your questions in advance to cdanielsen at nfb.org
<mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>  and put PR494 in the subject line or call
410-659-9314, extension 2473. Details on how to join are coming soon.

CARES Act Economic Impact Payments:

We are continuing to bring you the most up-to-date information on these
important relief payments. As you have noticed over the past week, the
information and guidance from the federal agencies can, and sometimes does,
change from day to day. Fortunately, the IRS has been much better at
updating and relaying this critical information in recent days. If you would
like to check the status of your payment, or enter your information to
ensure you receive the $500 per qualifying child addition to your payment
(important note: you will only need to do this if you receive Social
Security retirement, SSDI, or SSI benefits), please visit the IRS Economic
Impact Payment Information Center
<https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center>
.

For the latest information, please visit our COVID-19 Resources Page
<https://www.nfb.org/resources/covid-19-resources> .

Celebrate #GivingTuesdayNow with Us:

#GivingTuesdayNow is a global day of giving and unity, set to take place on
May 5, 2020, as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by
COVID-19. Our partner, the Gibney Family Foundation, is generously matching
all donations made. If you are able, please help us continue to advocate and
provide essential services by contributing on #GivingTuesdayNow."

Denise R. Avant, Esq.

President,

773-991-8050

Live the life you want.