[IABS-Talk] Your advice and expertise is deeply appreciated

Ayoub Zurikat ayoub.zurikat.nfb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 18:24:37 UTC 2020

Hello family,
I want to make this short, but I want to explain the issue properly, so please read carefully :-)

I was able to get a part-time job as a consecutive interpreter on the phone. Here's the problem. I do not use braille, I can only type on my computer using voice over. Typing notes while using voice over and while you're on the phone is very difficult.
The notes must be very brief because the interpretation is consecutive and quick. Voiceover cannot be overheard on the phone because that's unprofessional, and I cannot type quickly enough and then go back over the sentence so that my computer would read the note for me to remember the smaller details and then make the interpretation. The company wants me because I am perfectly fluent in both languages that they need, so they are hanging on to me. I've already failed one assessment because of this issue. I have another assessment in three weeks. Can anybody help? Can anyone give me any pointers on how to take brief notes using voice over without losing my mind? Does anyone have any experience doing this?
Blessings