[IABS-Talk] From President Riccobono' s Notebook

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 15:59:02 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

Please take note of the following:

Washington Seminar Update:
Thanks to all of our members who participated in this year's Washington
Seminar. Here are some of the highlights:

*	Representative Bobby Scott, chair of the House Education and Labor
Committee, spoke at our Great Gathering-In. He pledged his commitment to the
Transformation to Competitive Employment Act and to our other educational
initiatives.
*	Representative Steny Hoyer, the House Majority Leader;
Representative Mike Thompson, the chair of the Tax Policy Subcommittee;
Representative John Sarbanes; Senator Ben Cardin; and Senator Bob Casey all
spoke at our Congressional Reception. We also had a substantial increase in
the number of cosponsors for each of our bills. In the House, the Access
Technology Affordability Act went from forty-nine to sixty-three cosponsors.
And in the Senate, it went from fifteen to seventeen cosponsors. The GAIN
Act went from four to thirteen cosponsors. Finally, AIM HIGH went from four
to twelve cosponsors in the House.

If your representative or senators have not yet cosponsored our legislation,
please urge them to do so.

Denise R. Avant, Esq.

President,

773-991-8050