[IABS-Talk] FW: [Caps] FW: CAPS virtual gathering at convention, everywhere.

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Thu Jul 9 02:40:55 UTC 2020

I'm forwarding a message from Maurice Peret, who chairs the Committee on Pedestrian Safety. This is an open meeting, so please join us if you can. If you would like to attend, write to Maurice at mperet at nfb.org and he will send you the Zoom link.

Debbie S.

Hear ye, hear ye!

I am calling a meeting for July 15, 2020 from 8:00 to 9:30 PM EDT to discuss progress of the resolution passed overwhelmingly at last year’s national convention, also attached to this message.

Colleagues, we need to get together to assess our progress over the past year on the issue of the proliferation of dockless pedestrian scooters in cities and towns across the country.

I know that this message finds itself atop a pile of priorities amidst the upcoming virtual convention. The good news is that some important work has been made, particularly in Maryland, Illinois, and Washington, that should provide a roadmap for how we should proceed and I hope our affiliate leaders can make themselves available to lead this discussion. I also understand that the time of the meeting may not be convenient but I tried not to interfere with critically important gatherings such as resolutions, the NFB Board of Directors, and professional conferences.
Amidst the conflagration of several socioeconomic crises, we are nonetheless bound to uphold the decisions of our highest authority in the Federation to monitor present and potential pedestrian hazards on our sidewalks and streets.

I sincerely hope that our sisters and brothers in the Federation are remaining healthy, safe, and strong during this most unusual of times.

In solidarity for justice,
Maurice Peret