[IABS-Talk] [IL-Talk] CrowdCompass app

Michal Nowicki mnowicki4 at iCloud.com
Sun Jul 12 20:51:42 UTC 2020

Sharon and All,

I encountered the same issue, but quickly found a workaround. Although I couldn’t find a search button after typing in the event code for our convention by flicking through the available controls on that screen, I did find it at the bottom right corner of the on-screen keyboard (right below the “delete” icon. Double tapping on this button with VoiceOver enabled will run the search.

Michal

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Denise Avant via IL-Talk
Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2020 12:54 PM
To: NFB of Illinois Mailing List; Illinois Association of Blind Students List
Cc: davant1958 at gmail.com
Subject: Re: [IL-Talk] CrowdCompass app

Hello Sharon and all,
Here are the instructions I received:
"After downloading the mobile app Attendee Hub:

1. Search for event nfb2020. Be sure "current and upcoming" is toggled, rather than "past" events.
2. Once National Federation of the Blind 2020 National Convention event appears on the list, tap on it to open and then hit "download"
3. It will take a few seconds to download and bring you to a welcome page. >From there hit "Log In"
4. Enter your first name, last name, and email address, hit "next"
5. Check your email for a verification code. Check spam folder if it doesn't come within a minute (usually only takes seconds)
6. Enter the six-digit verification code and hit "verify"
7. You should now be in the event
The process is slightly different on the web event platform, https://event.crowdcompass.com/nfb20, but the basic principles & verification code process are the same. On the web you need to enter the event password nfb2020."

I will add one other thing. Each time you go into the app, you will have to get a new verification code.

Patti,Anna

Denise R. Avant, Esq.
President,
773-991-8050