[IABS-Talk] FW: Returning to CTA as the City of Chicago Begins to Reopen

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 16:16:13 UTC 2020

FYI.

Denise R. Avant, Esq.

President,

773-991-8050

Live the life you want.

For more information about NFBI,

Go to www.nfbofillinois.org

From: Ventra Chicago <updates at ventrachicago.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 10:12 AM
To: davant1958 at gmail.com
Subject: Returning to CTA as the City of Chicago Begins to Reopen

 <https://mailchi.mp/5b86ef249faf/important-message-for-ventra-app-users-3780900?e=77796c224a> View this email in your browser

  <https://gallery.mailchimp.com/44f1294c9232e3c8c2e6255c5/images/a0995687-5638-4616-90dc-f7d1db4ff5f8.png>

Dear CTA Customer:

As Chicago moves forward with its phased reopening, the Chicago Transit Authority (“CTA”) looks forward to more riders returning to CTA. Since the start of this crisis, CTA has been carrying essential workers and those needing to make essential trips throughout the Chicago region. As more customers begin to come back to CTA, we are prepared to accommodate them on our buses and trains.

We’re committed to providing the cleanest, most comfortable environment possible for all our customers, and we’ve employed multiple strategies to protect our customers and employees, while maintaining the quality service Chicago relies on. These strategies include:

*	Promoting social distancing and customers and CTA employees wearing masks/face coverings;
*	Running full service continuously throughout the pandemic and all re-opening phases, including adding longer trains and longer buses to some routes;
*	Establishing passenger limits on buses and trains – approximately 15 customers on standard 40-foot buses and approximately 22 customers on 60-foot articulated buses and each train car;
*	Implementing rear-door boarding to help minimize contact between customers and bus operators;
*	Launching real-time camera crowd monitoring and addressing via audio announcements; and
*	Providing public information on ridership trends and crowding by bus route.

CTA will continue to follow one of the most rigorous cleaning regimens of any U.S. transit agency, which includes cleaning and disinfecting every rail car and bus before it leaves for daily service, disinfecting high-touch surfaces on buses and rail cars throughout the day, and routine deep cleaning. Since COVID-19, CTA has further enhanced our cleaning regimens (for example, using electrostatic sprayers and antimicrobial surface coatings) and continues to explore opportunities to leverage new technologies, additional staffing and new protocols to further strengthen our cleaning. You can learn more here:  <https://grisko.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=44f1294c9232e3c8c2e6255c5&id=4cc0f14447&e=77796c224a> transitchicago.com/coronavirus

As CTA has done since day one of the pandemic, we will work tirelessly to provide the healthiest, most comfortable environment for customers. But we will also look to our customers to be partners in this effort. We ask customers to continue the practices they have been following for the last two months: social distancing, wearing masks, washing/sanitizing hands, not boarding crowded trains and buses, and being mindful and respectful of fellow customers and CTA employees.

For quick, easy-to-follow guidelines on returning to CTA and what customers need to know, please see our  <https://grisko.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=44f1294c9232e3c8c2e6255c5&id=1b8936c9a7&e=77796c224a> Returning to CTA Customer Guide.

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, CTA will continue to follow the guidance of health experts at the local, state and federal levels. We will also work with local leaders to align on transportation strategies that will enable public transit and other transportation services to meet the needs of the public safely and effectively.

CTA was there for its customers before COVID-19 and we will continue to be here for our customers as our City and State recover from the pandemic.

Sincerely,
Dorval R. Carter, Jr.
CTA President

  <https://mcusercontent.com/44f1294c9232e3c8c2e6255c5/images/c2f621c2-f68b-4829-b1c6-d96eef92e2f9.jpg>

  <https://gallery.mailchimp.com/44f1294c9232e3c8c2e6255c5/images/6b709b44-27e3-4623-8039-4e7b787b0deb.png>

Ventra Customer Service, 567 W. Lake Street, Chicago, IL 60661

© 2013 Chicago Transit Authority. Ventra is a registered trademark of the Chicago Transit Authority. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks, service marks and trade names referenced in this material are the property of their respective owners.