[IABS-Talk] Federal Legislation alert-HR 2086

Marilyn Green marilynvgreen at gmail.com
Fri May 22 15:21:18 UTC 2020

Greetings fellow federationists,

I pray that everyone is staying healthy and "social distancing" when
they leave home.

We are prompted once again to work to move our Access Technology
Affordability Act, HR 2086, through the House. Nationwide, the bill
has 90 co-sponsors, and 10 of those are from Illinois. Kudos to us!!

I know that with a little more persuasive contact from members in
district, we can add at least five more co-sponsors. If you live in
the district of Mike Bost, Cheri Bustos, Danny Davis, Bobby Rush or
Mike Quigley, please reach out to them ASAP. These members of the
House were co-sponsors in the last Congress and their support is
needed again if we want to get this legislation included in the next
economic stimulus package.

Please e-mail me off list to get the contact information for your
representative and some talking points that you can use to persuade
them to renew their support.

Stay healthy and safe

Marilyn