[IABS-Talk] FW: EFE Staffing Announcement

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 21:46:52 UTC 2020

Denise R. Avant, Esq.

President,

773-991-8050

Live the life you want.

For more information about NFBI,

Go to www.nfbofillinois.org

From: Amy Peterson <Amy at equipforequality.org>
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2020 4:02 PM
To: Amy Peterson <Amy at equipforequality.org>
Cc: Barry Taylor <BarryT at equipforequality.org>; Cheryl Jansen
<Cherylj2 at equipforequality.org>
Subject: EFE Staffing Announcement

Hello All. I write to let you know that I am retiring and my last day at EFE
will be June 4th. I have enjoyed learning what's important to the blind
community and about the barriers that exist from all of you, as well as
working directly on many of the issues raised during our meetings. It has
been my pleasure being a part of this group. I want to thank you all for
your participation, enthusiasm and great ideas and information! You have
truly assisted EFE in directing our legal work.

I am also delighted to report that Andrew Webb, an EFE staff attorney that
many of you already know, will be taking over the responsibility for EFE's
Blind Community Group moving forward. Andrew brings a wealth of valuable
experience as a person who is blind, and he has done a considerable amount
of legal work concerning legal issues around assistive technology. He is
excited to take on this new role.

We cancelled what would have been our usual April 2020 meeting due to the
COVID-19 pandemic. Andrew will soon be in touch with the group about EFE's
plans to reconvene this group moving forward.

I wish you all the best! Thank you for everything.

Regards,

Amy

Amy F. Peterson

Senior Attorney