[IABS-Talk] FW: Audible Pedestrian Singals in Chicago

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 17:06:07 UTC 2021

FYI. Please see below.

Denise Avant, ESQ

1st Vice President

For more information about NFBI,

Go to www.nfbofillinois.org

From: Laurie Dittman <Laurie.Dittman at cityofchicago.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 4, 2021 9:47 AM
To: davant1958 at gmail.com
Subject: Re: Audible Pedestrian Singals in Chicago

Hi Denise,

The 50 APS that are committed in the central business districts are in the
design phase and will be constructed in 2022. Additionally, more will be
installed in 2022 through the traffic signal modernization - approximately
15/yr.  There are others being installed through other known projects,
starting in 2023.

Unfortunately, the design process takes a long time, but there will be a lot
of APS installed starting next year once construction begins.

There may have been some installed as part of 2021 projects, but I don't
have those numbers at this time. It will be easier to get those at the end
of the construction season. I don't have a list of the "to date" data. That
will take more time for CDOT to compile.

Hope that helps.

Laurie

Laurie J. Dittman

Senior Policy Analyst

Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities

121 N. LaSalle Street, #104

Chicago, IL.  60602

(312) 744-4495

(312) 744-3314 (fax)