[IABS-Talk] Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act, H.R. 4853

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 12:27:31 UTC 2021

Good Morning Fellow Federationists:

Representative Jan Schakowsky, (D. IL 9) has introduced the Medical Device
Nonvisual Access Act, H.R. 4853. The National Federation of the Blind fully
supports this legislation. We ask all of you to please call or write to your
representatives and ask for their support.

You might say something like:

"Hello, I'm [YOUR NAME], and I am a constituent of [REPRESENTATIVE NAME]. I
live in [CITY, STATE]. I would like to urge [REPRESENTATIVE NAME] to
cosponsor the Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act (H.R. 4853). This
legislation authorizes the FDA to establish a minimum nonvisual access
standard for Class II and Class III medical devices with a digital interface
so that blind people can operate them safely and independently.

Thanks."

If you need specific contact information, please reach out to myself
davant1958 at gmail.com <mailto:davant1958 at gmail.com>  or Dustin Cather at
cather.dustin at gmail.com <mailto:cather.dustin at gmail.com> .

Denise Avant, ESQ

1st Vice President