[IABS-Talk] At Large chapter-December 2020 meeting minutes

Marilyn Green president at nfbofillinois.org
Thu Feb 25 19:15:43 UTC 2021

Illinois at Large December Meeting Notes:
The meeting is called to order December 6, 2020 at 7:15 P.M. Members
introduced themselves and shared what they would be doing for the
holidays. Marilyn Green led everyone in the NFB pledge.
National Presidential Report: The Independence Market will be having
an item on sale every month of this year. This month it will be a
thermometer. We are still looking over the issues for Washington
Seminar. We will let you know what the issues are soon. This is the
500 presidential report, and we will discuss NFB history tonight.
Leaders of the NFB told stories and ask and answered each other
questions. The National Convention is still being looked at because of
the virus.
State Presidential Report: This is Marilyn Green’s first report as
president. She is very thankful she was elected president during state
convention. There will be a state board meeting taking place on
December 21, at 7 P.M. The application for Washington Seminar is live
and you can find the form on the web site. The application is due
December 31, at midnight. The great gathering in will take place
February 8, at 4 P.M. central time. The applications are live for the
state and national scholarship programs. They are both due on March
31. The national scholarship is due at midnight eastern time and the
state scholarship is due at midnight central time.
Programing: There was a guest speaker who discussed IOS devices and
some of the Voiceover commands. Members were able to ask questions
about devices. The speaker discussed resources to look up certain
commands.
New and Old Business: There was not any old or new business. The
meeting ended at 8:50 P.M.
Signed Ellen Bartelt

--
Marilyn Green, President