[IABS-Talk] 2021 NFBIL Committee List

Marilyn Green president at nfbofillinois.org
Fri Jan 1 16:21:41 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

Here is the 2021 committee list. Please see below.

To: All Members of the National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois

From: Marilyn Green
President, National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois

January 1, 2021

This is our most up-to-date committee list.

*If you wish to be added to or deleted from  a

committee, or if I inadvertently added or left yours or someone  else's name
off one of our committees,  please let me know. My direct e-mail address is
president at nfbofillinois.org
 <mailto:
president at nfbofillinois.org>
. Thanks to all of the
chair persons and members for your work on our various committees in 2020.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated by your State President, Marilyn Green
, and the Board of Directors of NFBI.

*** Based on our protocols, please take note of the following:

***  All committee meetings are open, except for Freedom Link,
Chappell-Dennis, and state scholarship.

*** Notices of meetings should be e-mailed to our general membership and
student listservs.

***  Notes should be taken at every meeting.

*** Please note that at the December 9, 2019, the NFBI Board of directors
passed a resolution amending the protocols to make  all programming reports
due by February 15. This starts in 2021.

*** I would also recommend that the chairs hold at least one meeting with
your committee members to get to know them, and what they can do to help
serve the committee and NFBI. Please hold other meetings as you deem
necessary to the functioning of your committee.

2021 National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Committee Appointments:

Amended and updated January 1, 2021.

COMMITTEES

XXX Advocacy Committee

Chair Michal Nowicki, Co-chair Denise Avant

Members: Debbie Stein, David Meyer, Lois Montgomery, Debbie Pittman,
Charlene Elder, Kira O'Bradovich, Ken Borst and Patti Chang

                                         XXX Bell Committee

This committee will work with our national office to plan for our Bell
in Home Edition Program 2021 and figure out how to tie it in with our
conventions, and other related seminars, as well as our Freedom Link
program.

Chair: Debbie Stein

Members: Lois Montgomery,  Patti Chang, Bill Reif, Steve Hastalis,  Amy
Lund, Denise Avant, Paula Sprecher, Cathy Randall,  Sarah Luna,
Chaquita Vincent, Emma Meyer, Julietta Meyer, Katie   Leinum

XXX Braille Literacy Initiative

Chair: Robert Gardner

Members: Debbie Stein, Linda Hendle (LIFE Group Chair), Debbie Pittman, Bill
Reif,  Lois Montgomery, Pam Provost, And Patrick Olson

XXX Chappell-Dennis  Award Committee

(Responsible for decisions with guidance from NFBI board on aiding and
selecting people to

attend NFB events.)

(This is our only committee where the membership remains anonymous.)

XXX Development Committee

(Prepares and submits grant proposals.  Sends out annual appeal letters.
Handles things like our

letter to estates attorneys.)

Chair: Cathy Randall

Members: Patti Chang,

Grants: Denise Avant,  Debbie Stein, Marilyn Green, and Bill Reif

XXX Diversity and Inclusion

Responsible for developing programming for the affiliate that promotes
the inclusion of people from diverse populations.

Co-chairs: Denise Avant and Sara Luna

Members: Ken Borst, Bridgid Burke, Jenna Deupree, Sabrina Kimbrough,
Natalie Shaheen, Juliette Walker and Howard Wilson

XXX Door Prizes

Chair: TBD

Members: Pam Gillmore, Nancy Gardner, Bill Reif, David Meyer, Glenn Moore,
Marco  Giannotti, Ed Birmingham, and Mary Grunwald

XXX Freedom Link

(Transitions Club Committee for junior high and high school blind teenagers)

Chair:  Debbie Stein

Coordinator: David Meyer

Members: Bill Reif, Marylou Grunwald,  Steve Hastalis, Robert  Hansen,
Nicholas Robertson, Samantha Mayberry, Sarah Luna, Marco Giannotti,
Paul
Shepherdson, Patti Chang, Denise Avant, and Bruce Paul

XXX Budget Committee

(Responsible for putting together an annual budget for presentation to the
board.)

Chair: Michal Nowicki, treasurer

Members: Patti Chang, Denise Avant, Cathy Randall, Marilyn Green,
Marylou Grunwald,
Debbie Stein and Dave Meyer

XXX Guide Dog

Chair: Bill Reif

Members: Leslie Hamric

xxx ISVI

(Deals with the school for the blind and its issues.)

Chair: Bill Reif

Members:  Charlene Elder, Cathy Randall, Dave Meyer, and Debbie Stein

XXX State Legislation- Committee

(Responsible for State Legislative action.)

Co-chairs: Bill Reif and Dave Meyer

Members: Jemal Powell,  Leslie Hamric, Debbie Stein, Mary Grunwald, Steve
Hastalis, Marco Giannotti, Julietta Meyer, Dustin Cather,  Marilyn Green,
Kira O'Bradovich, Robert Gardner, Michal Nowicki, Patti Chang, and Charlene
Elder

XXX Federal Legislation

(Responsible for Washington Seminar and Federal Legislative Action.) Co-Chairs:
Dustin Cather and Denise Avant

Members: Robert Gardner, Ellen Bartelt, David Meyer, Jemal Powell,
Lois Montgomery, Kira O'Bradovich, Michal
Nowicki, Charlene Elder,  Emma Meyer, Julietta Meyer, Steve Hastalis,
Patti Chang, Leslie Hamric, Lewis Wood, Mary Grunwald, Bill Reif,
Nelly Gamino, Liza Jager, Juliet Walker, Giovanni Francese, Marilyn
Green and Glenn Moore

XXX Parent Committee

Chair: Debbie Stein

Members: Marilyn Green and Julietta Meyer

XXX PR/Social Media Committee

Chair: Debbie Stein

Members: Glenn Moore, Robert Hansen, Linda Hendle, Patti Chang, Emma Meyer,
Denise Avant

XXX Newsletter Illinois Independent

Chair: Debbie Stein

Members: Glenn Moore, Leslie Hamric, Bill Reif, David Meyer, and Robert
Gardner,

XXX Resolutions Committee

(Responsible for reviewing and recommending "do Pass"  or "do not pass" to
the convention.)

2020-21

Chair: Michal Nowicki, Co-chair Dustin Cather

Members: Bill Reif,  David Meyer, Debbie Stein, Jemal Powell, Patti Chang,
Mary Grunwald,  Kira O'Bradovich, Marilyn Green Ellen Bartelt, and Steve
Hastalis,

XXX Membership Committee

(Responsible to assist all chapters in strengthening present membership and
building new

members.

Co-chairs:  Dustin Cather and Glenn Moore

Members: David Meyer, Brian Sumner, Jean Rauschenbach, Pat Olson, Marilyn
Green, Robert Gardner, Bill Reif, Edward Birmingham, Cathy Randall,
Bridgid Burke, Ken Borst, Natalie Shaheen, Howard Wilson, Juliette
Walker, Jenna Deupree, Ellen Bartelt and Sabrina Kimbrough

XXX Sales and Fundraising Committee

(Responsible for researching sales items and other fundraising ideas, e.g.
Amazon Smile, appeal letters)

Chair: TBD

Members: Giovanni Francese, Ellen Bartelt, David Meyer, Mary Grunwald,
Bridgid Burke, Alisa Gray, Debbie Stein, Marilyn Green and Patti Chang.

xxx State Scholarship Committee

(Decides state scholarship candidates and internships.  Mentors those
persons at convention and

throughout the year.)

Chair: Debbie Stein Co-chair: Patti Chang

Members:Juliette Walker,  Patti Chang, Dustin Cather,
David Meyer, Josh Lovey, Denise Avant.

xxx Special Events Committee

(Plans and carries out all aspects of our spring seminars and conventions
except for press, sendsout convention bulletin, and plans face-to-face
board meetings.)

Co-chairs: Patti Chang, and  Jemal Powell

Members: Denise Avant, Pam Gillmore, Nancy Gardner, Pat Olson,  Michal
Nowicki, Roberta Reif, Marco Giannotti (sound at Convention), Mary Grunwald,
Glenn Moore, Francisco Chang, David Meyer, Brian Mackey,  (webmaster),
Robert Gardner, Dustin Cather and Ellen Bartelt (IABS President)

XXX Transportation Committee

Represent NFBI when dealing with transportation issues with both mainline
and paratransit

issues

Co-chair Steve Hastalis and Jemal Powell

Members: Debbie Pittman,  Kelly Pierce, Michal Nowicki, Nick
Robertson, and Ken Borst

XXX Webpage Committee

(Purpose to keep the webpage growing and up to date. This committee will
design, and

implement the page as well as urge all to get content to the webmaster in a
timely fashion.)

Chair: Dan Tevalde

Members: Patti Chang, Christopher Milsap, Glenn Moore,  Brian Mackey,  and
Marco Giannotti

NFB National LIAISON APPOINTMENTS

XXX Public Relations

Debbie Stein

XXX Science Camp and Youth Slam Coordinator

Debbie Stein

XXX Rideshare  (Uber and LYFT Testing)

Leslie Hamric

XXX KNFB Reader Coordinator

Patti Chang

XXX Newsline Coordinator

David Meyer

XXX GOVERNMENT ADVISORY PANEL APPOINTMENTS

XXX Blind Services Planning Council

NFBI Representatives: Marco Giannotti

XXX NFB Vehicle Donation

Robert Hansen

XXX OTHER

XXX Pace Suburban ADA Advisory Committee

Jemal Powell

--
Marilyn Green, President
312-343-8396