[IABS-Talk] Temporary Removal of Some Braille Signs at the 47th Street Red Line Station

Marilyn Green president at nfbofillinois.org
Sat Jun 5 16:33:31 UTC 2021

--
Marilyn Green, President
312-343-8396
www.nfbofillinois.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Access <access at transitchicago.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 22:02:17 +0000
Subject: Temporary Removal of Some Braille Signs at the 47th Street
Red Line Station

Hello Everyone:

Please note that as part of CTA's Cleaner Brighter Safer (CBS)
campaign painters will be removing some of the Braille signs at some
of our rail stations from time to time over the next few months in
order to clean up the signs, platforms and other areas as needed.

Signs will only be removed for about a week or so and CSAs are always
available at CTA rail stations to provide assistance to customers.

Beginning next week, June 6-12, the Braille signs within the
wind-breaks on the platforms at the 47th Street Red Line Station will
be temporarily removed as painters refresh and refurbish the signs and
area. Upon completion of the work, any sign that was removed will be
replaced.

Also note that not all braille signs at any given station will be
removed, only the signs where the Braille dots are worn out or have
been vandalized such as with graffiti, etc.

I will keep you informed of other Braille sign removal as this project
continues.

The CTA apologizes for any inconvenience.

Thank you.
ADA Compliance Programs

Please do not respond to this e-mail. It is for informational purposes only.