[IABS-Talk] At Large chapter meeting minutes-February 2021

Marilyn Green president at nfbofillinois.org
Sun Mar 28 13:45:28 UTC 2021

Illinois at Large Chapter February Meeting Minutes:
The meeting is called to order at 7:06 P.M. on February 7, 2021.
Members went around and introduced themselves and discussed how they
were doing. Marilyn Green lead everyone in the reading of the NFB
Pledge.
National Presidential Report: The national convention will take place
virtually in 2021. Maryland will be hosting the convention. The dates
for the convention will be July 6 through 10. We hope to be in person
in 2022 in New Orleans. We are getting ready for Washington Seminar
and there will be four issues this year regarding accessibility for
blind people. You can find all of the fact sheets on the
nfb.org/Washington seminar. The Great Gathering In will take place
February 8, at 4 P.M. central time. The zoom link will be coming out
for it shortly. There is a sexual survivor task force group of six
people who will be introduced this month. You can reach out to them
with any issues you have to discuss or if you want someone to talk to
about any code of conduct issues. There is a diversity and inclusion
survey coming out through an email we would like all of our members to
take.
State Presidential Report: We have nine members that are taking part
in Washington Seminar this year. We are excited to meet with our
members of congress to discuss the issues. Scholarship applications
are out for the national and state scholarships. The national one is
due March 31, at midnight eastern time, and the state one is due at
midnight central time. Midwest Student Seminar is taking place March
19 and 20. Registration closes on March 1 at midnight central time.
The cost of the seminar is 25 dollars. Friday night will be a social
event. On Saturday we will be having content with the topic of
diversity and inclusion.
New and Old business: There was not any old or new business.
Meeting ends at 8:30 P.M.
Signed Ellen Bartelt

--
Marilyn Green, President