[IABS-Talk] IABS Idol, Friday Oct 22nd at NFB of IL State Convention

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 00:04:40 UTC 2021

 Good evening everyone.

Perhaps you've heard, today is the deadline to register for the NFB of
Illinois State Convention (held the weekend of October 22nd through 24th).
https://www.nfbofillinois.org/convention
I wanted to remind everyone, if you have yet to register, consider
supporting the Illinois Association of Blind Students by checking that box
in the registration form for a ticket to IABS Idol.
Idol will be Friday Night and your $5 ticket automatically gives you one
song if you like to sing. You can purchase additional songs for $5 each.
This year, those attending virtually can submit an audio or video file
ahead of time (in case you aren't sure your Zoom connection will render
well for your song). You can email songs to me at
Gmoore3rd at gmail.com
The deadline for sending in advance files of your performances (as well as
for payment for Idol songs if you are attending virtually) is Tuesday of
the week of convention (October 19, same as the first day in-person
attendees could take their covid tests).

You can pay (today) through the convention registration form at
https://www.nfbofillinois.org/convention/registration
Or, if you decide after today you want an Idol ticket or extra songs, you
can pay using Zelle to the affilliate treasurer's account:
treasurer at nfbofillinois.org
Or pay as a donation via our state website at:
https://www.nfbofillinois.org/contribution-opportunities/online-donations
(please be sure to include a note that the donation is for Idol)

Can't wait for another exciting convention and memorable IABS Idol
fundraiser!
-Glenn Moore
IABS Treasurer, NFB of Illinois
847-899-9801