[IABS-Talk] H.R. 4853, Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 00:56:43 UTC 2021

Hello All:

As you all know by now, On July 29, Rep. Schakowsky (D-IL) introduced the
Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act (MDNA), H.R. 4853 in the House of
Representatives.

It is time for us to take action and call or write to your representative.

When you call or email, you might say the following:

"Hello, I'm [YOUR NAME], and I am a constituent of [REPRESENTATIVE NAME]. I
live in [CITY, STATE]. I would like to urge [REPRESENTATIVE NAME] to
cosponsor the Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act (H.R. 4853). This
legislation authorizes the FDA to establish a minimum nonvisual access
standard for home use medical devices so that blind people can operate them
safely and independently. Thank you."

You can contact your member of Congress by calling the Capitol Switchboard
and asking for the office in question. The number is 202-224-3121. Or you
can contact Dustin Cather, cather.dustin at gmail.com
<mailto:cather.dustin at gmail.com>  or myself at davant1958 at gmail.com
<mailto:davant1958 at gmail.com>  and we will provide you with the information.
If you email your representative, please copy John Pare at jpare at nfb.org
<mailto:jpare at nfb.org> , Dustin Cather, cather.dustin at gmail.com
<mailto:cather.dustin at gmail.com>  and myself davant1958 at gmail.com
<mailto:davant1958 at gmail.com> .

We appreciate all that you all do. It is because of you that we have 13
co-sponsors on H.R. 431, Access Technology Affordability Act in the House
and Senator Duckworth has co-sponsored the companion bill S.212 in the
Senate.

Denise Avant, ESQ

1st Vice President

For more information about NFBI,