[IABS-Talk] Please Write to Thank Supporters of SB 829 IL Accessible Vote by Mail

denise avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 15:24:30 UTC 2022

Good Morning All,

As I wrote yesterday, SB 829 calling for Accessible absentee voting is on
the way to the governor's desk. We will try to find out when this happens
and keep you posted.

In the meantime, please write or call your State Senator to say thank you
for supporting the bill. The senate vote was unanimous.

The majority of the House voted in favor. I understand there is a way to
find out who in the House voted in favor. I will try to send an  accessible
list of those members.

You can send thank yous to the bill's sponsors. The bill's sponsors are:

Senators Julie A. Morrison and Mike Simmons

Representatives Katie Stuart, La Shawn K. Ford, Kelly M. Burke, Robyn Gabel,
Dagmara Avelar, Maura Hirschauer, LaToya Greenwood, Angelica
Guerrero-Cuellar, Frances Ann Hurley, Natalie A. Manley, Kathleen Willis and
Elizabeth Hernandez

We still have work to do. But because of your help, we have made major
strides. Thank you.

Denise Avant, ESQ

1st Vice President

For more information about NFBI,