[IABS-Talk] at large minutes april 2022

David Meyer datemeyer at mysero.net
Mon May 2 11:19:06 UTC 2022

NFBI At Large Chapter
Minutes of meeting held April 3, 2022

Members Present: President Dave Meyer, vice President Leslie Hamric,
Secretary Bill Reif, Kyle Chellino, Danny Mandrell, Marilyn Green,
Linda Hendle, Yvonne Agyarko, Debbie Pittman, and Pat Olson. Jemal
Powell joined the meeting during or after the Chapter Election.

Kyle moved, and Linda seconded, approval of the February meeting
minutes. Motion passed. Kyle moved, and Debbie seconded, passage of the
March minutes. Motion passed with an amendment correcting the popcorn
company name to Doublegood.

Fund raising
The Doublegood store is open until April fifth. People can purchase
popcorn, or can donate using Paypal or Zell through State Treasurer
Michal Nowicki, or send a check to Michal at 5228 N. Oak Park Ave,
Chicago, IL 60656. Dave will send an email indicating the results, and
thanks everyone who participated. Debbie also offered to assist those
who may want to purchase but don't have Internet access. They can call
her at 312-258-7528.

Our April election took place. President Dave Meyer,
Secretary/Treasurer Bill Reif, and Board Member Debbie Pittman were
reelected by acclamation. Vice President Leslie Hamric declined, and
Linda Hendle was nominated and elected by acclamation for that
position. Bill nominated Cathy Randal for the Board Position held by
Danny Mandrell. She had earlier indicated she would be unable to attend
this meting but had conveyed her willingness to accept the position and
was also elected by acclamation.

Presidential Report
Marilyn Green gave the State Report. State Board meeting will be Monday
April 25th. We need to pay attention to email alerts regarding our
several federal legislation initiatives, thanking those congress people
who have supported us and urging others to do so. We also need to
contact state legislators regarding SB829 which establishes a process
by which the blind and others with print impairments can fill in their
vote by mail ballot in an accessible manner beginning with the November
election. We will need further legislation to establish a process of
electronically returning our ballots in the future. Meanwhile, the NFB
through its attorney have sent a letter demanding that the Board of
Elections establish a process allowing those who vote by mail in the
June primary can electronically complete a ballot.

Marilyn again urged us to make reservations for the upcoming National
Convention to be held at the New Orleans Marriott July 5th through the
10th. NFB Registration deadline is June 1st. The Presidential Release
will take place Monday April 4th, at which time there may be more
information regarding Covid-19 protocols. There will also be an online
convention experience available, for which people can register using a
separate form.

Chicago BELL will take place July 18th through July 29th at the Chicago
Lighthouse. Springfield BELL will be August 1st through 5th. We will
also again offer a BELL at Home program.

our NFBI State Convention will be at the Chicago Marriott Naperville,
1801 Naper Blvd, October 28th through 31st. Reserve a room by calling
630-505-4900. Our face-to-face Board Meeting, at which all are welcome,
will take place  August 27th at the same hotel.

There was no old business. Our next meeting will be Sunday, May 1st.
Kyle moved, and Linda seconded, that we adjourn. The meeting adjourned at 8:09.

Respectfully Submitted,
Bill Reif, Secretary