[IABS-Talk] Celebrating Jeannie Massay

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Mon May 23 22:02:17 UTC 2022

I am very very sorry to hear this. She did a lot for the Federation and will be greatly missed. I will keep her family in my prayers.

Leslie Hamric
Cello and Braille Music Teacher
Board member of National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division

> On May 23, 2022, at 1:25 PM, NFB of Illinois Webmaster via IABS-Talk <iabs-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2022 8:48 PM
>

> Hello, everyone!
>

> It is with a heavy heart that I share the news that Jeannie passed away in
> her sleep earlier this morning.
>

> As many may know, Jeannie has been dealing with major health challenges and
> was preparing to transition to hospice care.
>

> Along with many other roles, Jeannie served as president of our Oklahoma
> affiliate and as our national treasurer.  She was deeply committed to the
> Federation and lovingly cherished her Federation family! She believed
> strongly in the importance of the work we do together and the transformative
> impact it had in her life and in the lives of so many! She was incredibly
> grateful to the officers and members of the affiliate who have given so much
> and taken on responsibilities as her health declined and to everyone who
> reached out to her with such love and support.
>

> We will continue to honor Jeannie's  memory in the love we have for each
> other and in the essential work we do each day!
>

> A memorial service will be held Tuesday afternoon in Bethany, Oklahoma.
> Details about virtual options will be available soon.
>

> I am filled with gratitude for the time Jeannie was with us! She made such a
> positive difference in my life and in the lives of so many!
>

> Rest peacefully with your beloved husband, Mark, my sister!

> Pamela Allen
>
> Executive Director
>
> Louisiana Center for the Blind
>
> 101 S. Trenton St.
>
> Ruston, LA 71270
>
> Voice: 318-251-2891
>
> Fax: 318-251-0109
>
> www.louisianacenter.org <http://www.louisianacenter.org/>
>
> Twitter: pamallen1227
>
> Pronouns: she, her, hers
>

> You do not become what you want, you become what you believe. - Oprah
> Winfrey

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for State-Affiliate-Leadership-List:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/state-affiliate-leadership-list_nfbnet.org/lynnelaine2%40verizon.net