[IABS-Talk] Accessible Vote by Mail Introduced SB 282

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:57:48 UTC 2023

Good Morning Everyone,

Last Tuesday, State Senator Julie Morrison filed S.B. 282, which calls for
electronic ballot return for blind, low vision and print disabled Illinois
residents. The bill also seeks to address some accessibility problems in the
absentee voting experience. The coalition of the National Federation of the
Blind of Illinois, Equip for Equality, Access Living Chicago, Illinois
Council of the Blind and Reform for Illinois are all preparing for advocacy
on this bill.

For convenience, here's a link to the bill:

https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=
<https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=112&GA=103
&DocTypeId=SB&DocNum=282&GAID=17&LegID=143982&SpecSess=&Session=>
&SessionId=112&GA=103&DocTypeId=SB&DocNum=282&GAID=17&LegID=143982&SpecSess=
&Session=

It is our goal to have the bill passed this year so that we have full and
complete access to vote absentee privately and independently if you choose.
Dave has posted to NFB Newsline the list of General Assembly members in the
State House and Senate. At some point, we will be asking you to call or
write or call your Senate and House Representatives and/or testify at a
hearing.