[IABS-Talk] at large minutes April 2023

David Meyer datemeyer at mysero.net
Mon May 1 09:29:04 UTC 2023

At Large Chapter

Minutes of meeting held Sunday, April 2nd, 2023

Members and guests present: President Dave Meyer, Vice President Linda
Hendle, Secretary/Treasurer Bill Reif, Cathy Randall, Marilyn Green,
Debbie Pittman, Yvonne Agyarco, Debbie Stein, Michal Nowicki, Mary
Grunwald, Ken Schad, Eileen Truschke, Danny Mandrell, Kyle Chellino,
Leslie Hamrick, and Michelle Alt.

The March 2023 meeting had been canceled in recognition of the February
26th passing of Teresa Meyer and activities associated with her then
upcoming funeral.

The meeting opened with a program item, presented by Debbie Pittman,
regarding the Real ID. This state identification, whether as an ID or a
drivers licence, will be required by May 7th, 2025 for those who wish
to enter a federal building or to travel by air domesticly or
internationally. The card will have a star at the upper right corner
signifying its status as a Real ID. Other state identification is still
available but will be marked "restricted" unless one specifically
requests the Real ID and presents the required documentation. this
documentation includes a Social Security number or letter from Social
Security evidencing your number, at least two pieces of mail recently
delivered to your current residence, and a birth certificate or other
documentation verifying your name. Not withstanding the above, it is
still possible to fly or enter a federal building using federally
issued identification such as a passport or a passport card.

Debbie moved, and Cathy seconded, that the minutes of the February
meeting be approved. Motion passed.

NFBI President Marilyn Green presented the State Report. Our next Board
Meeting will be April 26th with the same Zoom information as this
meeting. May first is the deadline for Chappel Dennis application for
National Convention assistance. It should be left in an accessible
format and emailed to president at nfbofillinois.org. Debbie, chair of the
State Scholarship committee, said that May 31st is the deadline for
State Scholarship applications. Our BELL Chicago program, scheduled for
July 17th through July 28th at the Chicago Lighthouse and already has
two applicants. The Springfield BELL is scheduled July 31st through
August 4th. We have hired two teachers for these programs. There will
also again be a concurrent BELL At Home program. Parents of blind
children age 4 through 12 and those interested in mentoring should
contact Debbie Stein. She again mentioned our upcoming National
Convention that will take place July first through the sixth in
Houston. More info will be available in the upcoming Presidential
Release. Our upcoming In Person Board Meeting will be August 19th at
the Chicago Marriott Naperville, where our state convention will take
place October 13-14. Reservations can be made at 6 3 0-5 0 5-3 9 0 0.
The nightly room rate will be $119. Indicate you are with the National
Federation of the Blind. If there are problems registering, email patti
at pattischang at gmail.com.

The election for chapter officers and board members was conducted, and
the following people were elected by acclamation: President Dave Meyer,
Vice President Linda Hendle, Secretary/treasurer Bill Reif, and Board
Members Debbie Pittman and Cathy Randall.

Dave urged people to listen to the live Presidential Release to be
presented April 4th at 7:00 PM.

Debbie reported on our Double Good Popcorn Fund Raiser. it fell during
the Communication division which included seven states and brought in
over $17,000. At Large raised about $265 with some additional
contributions coming in. We received over $150 cash.

Our next At Large meeting will be Sunday May 7th at 7:00 PM.

The meeting adjourned at 8:28 PM.

Respectfully Submitted,
Bill Reif, Secretary