[il-talk] Another voting issue

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Mon Nov 3 15:51:58 UTC 2008

In my experience, what happens is that the machine displays an image or
wallpaper of some kind while you vote so that no one can see the ballot.   Then,
once the machine is varifying that you've made all your selections, it  allows
you to go back and make modifications.  It is only at this point  that the
physical ballot appears.  However, the audio ballot is still in  operation, and
you cannot navigate using the touchscreen; you must use the audio  controls.
But it does appear before you at this point in a physical form,  though it is
way too small for most print readers, sighted and otherwise.   The audio ballot
is a reasonable accommodation, and you need to do nothing with  the print
ballot.  There is no printout.  The machine processes your  ballot and sends it
electronically to the database, as it does with those who  use the touch screen.

I suppose what I'm saying is that I don't see a problem, as we are able to
fully access the ballot, our privacy and independence are not comprimised, and
our votes count just like everyone else's.  There is no lack of access to
information as in the Constitutional Convention issue.

Ronza

In a message dated 11/2/2008 10:55:21 P.M. Central Standard Time,