[il-talk] another voting issue

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Tue Nov 4 01:17:00 UTC 2008

The point is not whether the question itself is accessible when you cast
your ballot.  The question is whether or not you've received an accessible  form
of the question prior to the election.  You are supposed to have  enough time
between receiving the question in its new form when you arrive at  the polling
location and actually seeing it on the ballot.  The issue is  advanced notice
of the question.  If you're only seeing it for the first  time when the
machine reads it to you, you do not have reasonable notice of the  question.  That
is an access issue, since the "reasonable notice" is given  to voters when
they arrive at the polling location, and they are expected to  review the
question between getting the document and casting their ballot.   How do you do an
advanced review of a question you only receive in print moments  before voting?
In my opinion, you don't.

Ronza

In a message dated 11/3/2008 5:36:36 P.M. Central Standard Time,