[il-talk] NFBI committees

Patti Gregory-Chang pattichang at att.net
Sun Nov 30 17:47:03 UTC 2008

Below are committee assignments for the National Federation of the Blind of
Illinois. Please review them thoroughly as many have recently changed. Let
Patti Gregory-Chang know if you wish to be added to or removed from any NFBI
committee.

2008 NFBI Appointments:

updated 11/28/08

COMMITTEES

*Braille Literacy Initiative

Chair Debbie Stein

Kelly Doty

Debbie Pitman

*Chappel Award Committee

(Responsible for decisions with guidance from NFBI board on aiding and
selecting people to attend events.)

(This is our only committee where the membership remains anonymous.)

*Development Committee

(Prepares and submits grant proposals. Sends out annual appeal letters.
Handles things like our letter to estates attorneys.)

Chair: Cathy Randall

Linda Villa

George Villa

Kelly Doty

Ronza Othman

Denise Avant

*Door Prizes

Chair. LeAnne Mayne

Alan Glickman

Roberta Glickman

Denise Avant

Debbie Pittman

Don Jordan

Bob Widman

Eriselli Avina

Casandra Certeza

*Freedom Link

(Transitions Club Committee)

Co-chairs: Kelly Doty and Ronza Othman

Debbie Stein

Bill Reif

Cathy Randall

Dave Meyer

Marco Giannatti

Mayra Rimirez

Edwardo Martinez

Carmen Dennis

Steve Hastalis

*Fund Raising and Budget Committee

(Responsible for all Fund Raising events e.g. Carson Days, Certificates,
Obtoberfest, and Won-Ton-O-Fun. Responsible for putting together an annual
budget for presentation to the board.)

Chair Joseph Monti

Bill Isaacs

Cathy Randall

Kelly Doty

Terry Leap

Tony Torregrossa

Bob Widman

Don Jordon

Brian Sumner

*Legislation- State, Committee

(Responsible for State Legislative action.)

Co-Chairs: Bill Reif and Mary Lou Grunwald

Marco Giannotti

Jemal Powell

Annette Grove

Bob Gardner

Araceli Avina

Beth Sturman

*Legislation-Federal Committee

(Responsible for Washington Seminar and Federal Legislative Action )

Co-Chairs Annette Grove and Syed Yussifuddin

Anthony Thomas

Jamal Powel

Ronza Othman

Denise Avant

Lois Montgomery

Allyson Slaughter

Charlene Elder

*Newsletter Braille Examiner Committee

(Writes and distributes our Newsletter.)

Co-Editors Debbie Stein and Connie Davis

Carmen Dennis

David Meyer

Nicole Gleason

Patrick Olson

Joan Juris

*Parents of Blind Children Concerns Committee

Co-Chairs: Nelly Gamino and Beth Sturman

Ronza Othman

Kelly Doty

Joan Juris

Feshondra Nixon

Felecia Collins

Debbie Stein

Dave Meyer

Carmen Dennis

Marty Mankowski

Bina Shah

*Public Relations Committee

(Responsible for notifying agencies and getting the word out generally on
all NFBI events. Responsible for getting as much press contact for our
events as possible.)

Co-Chairs: Denise Avant and Debbie Pitman

LeAnne Mayne

Charlene Elder

Carmen Dennis

Bob Gardner

Syed Yussiffuddin

Sharon Howerton

Bob Widman

Nicole Gleason

Joel Sheffle

*Newsline Committee

David Meyer

Byron Lee

Bob Widman

Bill Reif

Lois Montgomery

*Rehabilitation/Advocacy Committee

(Advocates with employers, schools, ORS, and ICREWOOD for blind residence of
Illinois.)

Chair Cathy Randall

Charlene Elder

LeAnne Mayne

Bob Gardner

Sharon Howerton

Ronza Othman

David Meyer

Debbie Stein

*Resolutions Committee

(Responsible for reviewing and recommending "do pass" or "do not pass" to
the convention.)

2008 committee was as follows: I will reappoint this committee closer to the
2009 convention.

Chair Ronza Othman

Bill Reif

David Meyer

Debbie Pittman

Carmen Dennis

George Villa

Alyson Slaughter

Mary Lou Grunwald

Denise Avant

Annette Grove

*Renewal Committee

(Responsible to assist all chapters in strengthening present membership and
building new members. Need to coordinate NFBI leaders visiting chapters )

Chair: Carmen Dennis

LeAnne Mayne

Kelly Doty

Bill Reif

Cathy Randall

Patricia Olson

Alyson Slaughter

Beth Sturman

*Scholarship Committee

(Decides who is awarded scholarships and internships. Mentors those persons
at convention and throughout the year.)

Chair Debbie Stein

Cathy Randall

Debbie Pittman

Kelly Doty

Nancy Gardner

Ronza Othman

Bill Reif

Syed Yussifuddin

Dave Meyer

*Sales Committee

(Responsible to research items to sell as fund raisers)

Chair: Debbie Pittman

LeAnne Mayne

Kelly Doty

Carmen Dennis

Joe Monti

*Senior Seminar Committee

(Responsible for planning and carrying out Senior Seminar at Convention
2009.)

Chair: Kelly Doty

Bill Isaacs

Ruth Isaacs

Ray Kwaak

Carol Kwaak

Bill Reif

Cathy Randall

Linda Villa

George Villa

Carmen Dennis

Sharon Howerton

Charlene Elder

Mary Lou Grunwald

Alma Hinkle

LeAnne Mayne

Bob Gardner

Bob Widman

Roberta Reif

*Special Events Committee

(Plans and carries out all aspects of our spring seminars and conventions
except for press, sends out convention bulletin, and plans board meetings.)

Chair: Bob Gardner

Ronza Othman

LeAnne Mayne

Kelly Doty

Carmen Dennis

Cathy Randall

Linda Villa

George Villa

Joseph Monti

Mary Monti

Nancy Gardner

Byron Lee

Alyson Slaughter

*2009 Spring Seminar Committee

(Plans and carries out our Spring Seminar.)

Co-Chairs Debbie Stein and Carmen Dennis

Ronza Othman

Cathy Randall

Alyson Slaughter

Michelle Wesley

Kelly Doty

Bob Gardner

Bill Reif

Meghan Joost

LeAnne Mayne

Annette Grove

Denise Avamt

Byron Lee

MaryLou Grunwald

Brandy Winicki

Howard Wilson

Areceli Avina

Casandra Sorteza

*Webpage Committee

(Purpose to keep the webpage growing and up to date. This committee will
design, and implement the page as well as urge all to get content to the
webmaster in a timely fashion.)

Chair: RuthAnne Wheeler

Byron Lee

Connie Davis

LeAnne Mayne

MarcoGiannotti

Debbie Pittman

David Wright

NFB LIAISON APPOINTMENTS

*Imagination Fund Coordinator

LeAnne Mayne

*Science Camp and Youth Slam Coordinator

Kelly Doty

GOVERNMENT ADVISORY PANEL APPOINTMENTS

*Blind Services Planning Council

NFBI Representative: Bill Reif

*Library Committee Representative

David Meyer

*SRC

Bob Gardner

OTHER

*Choir

Leader: Pam Gilmore

*Mentoring for 2009 National Convention

Debbie Stein

Cathy Randall

*Para-transit liaison

LeAnne Mayne

*Protocol Development Coordinator

(Goal here is to further develop protocols for the affiliate as to how to
handle different things like memorials, Chappell awards, notification of
NFBI board by chapter presidents etc.)

Patti Chang to coordinate -

Patti Gregory-Chang
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
pattichang at att.net
www.nfbofillinois.org