[il-talk] twitter

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Tue Apr 7 01:18:18 UTC 2009

I'm on twitter as aznor99.  You can also follow the NFB at  nfb_voice.  Many
of us have taken to twitter about and during NFB functions  including last
year's National and State Conventions, the Parents Seminar, and  chapter
meetings.  You can follow me by going to
_http://www.twitter.com/aznor99_ (http://www.twitter.com/aznor99)   and
submitting a follow request.  I have mine set as private, but others  keep their
updates public.

For Mr. Hanson, Twitter is a social networking mechanism.  The goal is  to
answer the question "What are you doing?" in 140 characters or less.   But many
of us use it as a microblogging device and a way to keep in touch with
friends or learn about events and activities.  For example, I follow WBBM  News
Radio as well as Ryan Seacrest and E! News - so it ranges from information
provision to celebrity gossip.

Illinois started the NFB Twitter revolution at our last state  convention.  I
happened to tweet "Twittering from the podium" during one of  my speeches,
and Mark Riccobono decided to ridicule me mercilessly for it.   But when he went
online to check out my profile and past tweets, he discovered  it was cool
and joined himself.  And he has gotten many of his friends and  NFB staff to
join, and now the NFB posts updates using the NFB_Voice  handle.  People on
Twitter include Mark, Mrs. Maurer, John Pare, Kristy  Bowman, and many, many
others.  NFBI members who tweet include Carmen,  Byron, Nicole, Brandy, Tiffany,
Mingquan, Blair, Leanne, Cassandra, Araceli,  Dave Wright and Janice, and lots of
others.

Bottom line, as Byron would say: Twitter is cool.

Oh, and it's totally accessible with a screen reader as a web application  by
going to _www.twitter.com_ (http://www.twitter.com) .  Or, if  you want a
Jaws application that will turn your Jaws into a twitter client,  which means you
can tweet directly from your desktop, there's a program for Jaws  called
Jawter which is pretty amazing.  Or, you can set it up so you tweet  by sending
text messages and receive them when your friends tweet.

Let me know if anyone has questions.

Regards,
Ronza

In a message dated 4/6/2009 2:24:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,