[il-talk] a meeting regarding the Legislative Breakfast 4/12 at 7:00 PM

Bill Reif billreif at ameritech.net
Sat Apr 11 12:07:47 UTC 2009

Hello Breakfast Attendees, legislative committee members, and colleagues:

We believe this event was a success even though none of the state
legislators were there to share some great food with us.  (This was largely
due to the House decision, the previous day, not to convene.)  Following our
Breakfast, we visited the offices many legislators, including the offices of
all members of the House and Senate Elementary/Secondary and Transportation
Committees.  All with whom we spoke expressed support for our initiatives
regarding a possible Pedestrian Safety Enhancement bill in Illinois if
federal legislation is not enacted this  year, and legislation requiring
teachers of the visually impaired to demonstrate Braille proficiency.

I would like to have a short meeting Sunday evening at 7:00 to complete the
overdue task of comparing notes on our experiences and developing a strategy
to have these initiatives enacted, probably next year.  This meeting will be
less than an hour.  Please call into (712) 580-7700 and use the Conference
Code 6324.

Cordially,
Bill