[il-talk] Update: the ABLE (Blackhawk Chapter) BRAL Team

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:49:22 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone

The ABLE Team continues to charge forward in the Braille Leaders Are Leaders adult contest.  Here's what's happening:

Patrick Olson has joined our team, and we are now up to five members!  We are Patrick, Jana Hergert, Lois Montgomery, Jean Rauschenbach, and Bob Gardner.

Both Jean and Lois have joined the online "leader board," logging in their pages read to show the world what they're doing.  They are eligible for prizes as names are drawn at random times off the leader board.  Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see them near the top in number of pages read in the beginner category at the end of the contest.

For interesting reading, see the attached article, "Surmounting the Braille Reading Speed Plateau," and article from a past Braille Monitor.