[il-talk] thanks

JOSEPH MONTI jlmonti at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 11 15:08:02 UTC 2009

hi glenn, i appreciate your comments. but a lot of people still don't understand how the certificate programs works. every body spends some money to live. if i go the Jewel and spend $100 a week on groceries why do i have to use cash when i can use a gift card. when you buy a card you get the exact amount back. $100 in $100 out. you go to wendy's or BK and eat lunch or subway or dunkin donuts for breakfast we can supply you with the gift card for those places and instead of using cash you use our gift card and we, the NFBI, get a donation in the form of a discount from the store or restaurant.Fanni May gives us 24% discount. so when i buy $100 of fammie may at christmas which is very easy to do, the affiliate only pays $76 for those gift cards. they just made $24. so we had $7700 order. we made $430 in profit. that meeans the average discount we got was 5.6%. not bad. jewel and walgreens and walmart work on samll margins so they don't give us the best
 discounts.
so it does make a difference which vendors you use. most restaurant and even fast food joints give 9%. that is very good.
a test will be given at the end of the term.
joe'always teaching or preachin' monti