[il-talk] happy holidays

Patti Gregory-Chang pattichang at att.net
Fri Dec 18 03:12:20 UTC 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

Our note is a bit late this year.  Life is as usual a little crazy.  Hope
this note finds you all well and happy.

Our year has been eventful.  Francisco is splitting time between the
Cath-Lab and the floors in the hospital.  The Cath-lab isn't so busy so he
has been all over the place taking shifts.    He just took his National
Nursing Exam to become CCRN certified and of course earned an "A".

Patti keeps busy with NFB happenings.  Francisco, Julia, and Patti all went
to Baltimore in November and traveled recently to Moline for NFB happenings.
In addition, Patti traveled to MN and MD on other trips this year.  Work is
busy.  A rewrite of the entire Chicago Building and Fire codes is on the top
of the project list at the moment.

Johnathon just returned home from his first semester in College.  He likes
University of Illinois and enjoyed his single room this semester.  Grades
aren't in yet but we know he passed everything which is really awesome given
the difficulty of his classes.  He has a month off now and is summer job
hunting.

Julia is at Whitney Young Magnet High School.  It is an excellent academic
program and a highly competitive school.  She made the cheerleading team
which competes regularly.  She is also in choir and is really good on piano
now.  She likes WY but isn't fond of the hour long daily train ride.

We are planning a trip to Belize, a trip to Florida, and two trips to MI
next year.   In addition, Patti will be in Baltimore and Dallas plus
wherever else the NFB sends her next year.  Hope to see all of you at one
point or another.

Love and miss all of you,

Francisco, Patti, John and Julia

P.S.  National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is now on twitter at
www.twitter.com/nfbi.
We also have a facebook page.  Just search for our full name.

Patti Gregory-Chang
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
pattichang at att.net
www.nfbofillinois.org