[il-talk] public relations meeting thismonday night

denise avant dravant at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 11 19:33:46 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I am back from Washington seminar and it was productive and busy. I hope
everyone is well. Anyway, the public relations committee has a meeting this
Monday night February 16, 2009 at 8:00 p.m. it's the day after the parents
seminar. We will be talking about the work we have to do with getting out
the press and word on the important april parents seminar. As an aside,
while in Washington, I roomed with an Illinois parent who has had some
difficulty in getting her son's school district to provide him services and
teach him Braille. Can you imagine this in 2009? She's probably not alone.
What we have to do is get out the word to let parents know there is hope and
there is help. Ok ok I'll stop sounding like the president.

Anyway, The press release, application, flier, and updates to our list have
all been done. Hopefully, we have reviewed the lists to see what contacts we
feel comfortable making.  Thanks.