[il-talk] Facebook

Bruce C. Paul brucecpaul at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 03:22:57 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I would highly recommend social networking sites like Facebook.  In
particular, if you use a browser like Firefox and/or Linux or Mac OS X.
If any of you remember, Ronza Othman had a cell phone where she was
following all the Tweets people were posting for the last Illinois State
Convention.  I use a Nokia phone with Symbian OS on it and MobileSpeaks
myself.  Viruses aside, I have a very high regard for Facebook, with the
proper add-ons to Firefox and a proper virus scanner one can use the
sight safely.  In particular, Facebook is highly transparent and
secure.  One can set the people who see what you post, see what all your
friends are doing and who they connect with, add software that will make
browsing much easier,  and connect with people who one would have never
met.  I know Patti likes Linkedin for business networking, I have a page
there myself, where one can see my UF and UofC affiliations, though
anyone who doesn't like all the Plugins required to browse a site like
MySpace or Facebook, should look at del.icio.us .

By the way, I think the deadline for the Springfield trip is Tomorrow,
does anyone know who I should contact for the trip?  I think it is Carmen?

Regards,
bcp