[il-talk] parents seminar committee meeting

LeAnne Mayne leanne at uddle.com
Tue Feb 17 22:49:06 UTC 2009

Below are listed the packets that national office offers for/about
children. We can pick and choose what we want for our seminar.
Can we discuss this at parnts committee meeting Sunday night.
LeAnne

Blind Students in the Elementary Classroom

    * A Beginner's Guide to Access Technology for Blind Students: Part One
      A Beginner's Guide to Access Technology for Blind Students: Part Two
(Technology and Life Skills)
    * The Blind Child in the Regular Elementary Classroom
    * The Blind Child in the Regular Preschool Program
    * Blind Kids Do Science Too
    * Braille Alphabet Cards (1 per packet)
    * Braille and Visually Impaired Students: What Does the Law Require?
Brochure (PDF)
      Read "New Brochure About Braille Requirements in the Law" (includes
brochure's full text)!
    * Education of the Blind Four-Year-Old (Text)
      Education of the Blind Four-Year-Old (PDF)
    * Future Reflections, Vol. 20, No. 1, Convention Report 2000
    * Future Reflections, Vol. 21, No. 2, Summer/Fall 2002
    * Future Reflections, Vol. 23, No. 1, Spring/Summer 2004
    * Is Your Child Age-Appropriate?
    * Making It Work Flyer
    * My Body Belongs to Me
    * Suggestions for Preschool and Kindergarten Teachers of Blind Students
(Text)
      Suggestions for Preschool and Kindergarten Teachers of Blind Students
(PDF)
    * Teaching Exploration: Correcting a Glaring Flaw in the Education of
Blind Children
    * Tips for Classroom Teachers
    * Your Child's Right to Read

Brochure Packet for Parents/Teachers of Blind Children

    * Braille and Visually Impaired Students: What Does the Law Require? (PDF)
      Read "New Brochure About Braille Requirements in the Law" (includes
brochure's full text)!
    * Changing What It Means to Be Blind Brochure (10x10)
    * Cover Letter (NOPBC)
    * International Braille and Technology Center for the Blind Brochure
    * Library Resource Guide Flyer
    * Making It Work Flyer
    * NFB-LINK Brochure (Text)
      NFB-LINK Brochure (PDF)
    * NFB-NEWSLINE® Brochure (Word)
      NFB-NEWSLINE® Brochure (PDF)
      NFB-NEWSLINE® Brochure (Duxbury)
    * National Organization of Parents of Blind Children Brochure
    * State Resource List
    * What Is the National Federation of the Blind? (Word)
      What Is the National Federation of the Blind? (PDF)

Early Childhood

    * Child Care and ADA
    * Future Reflections, Vol. 23, No. 2, Special Issue: The Early Years
    * It Takes More Than Love

IEP (Individualized Education Program)

    * Coping at an IEP or Other School Conference Meeting
    * Extended School Year Services
    * IEP (Individualized Education Program) Strategies
    * IEP Services Checklist for Parents of Blind Children
    * Section 504: Primer for Educators and Parents of Children with Visual
Impairments (Revised 2007)
      3/01, Prepared by John Copenhaver, Utah State University, Copyright
2001.

Parents of Blind Children

    * Are We There Yet?
    * Beyond the Funny Tree
    * Future Reflections (Sample Issue)
    * Future Reflections, Vol. 22, No. 2, Spring/Summer 2003
    * Future Reflections, Vol. 15, No. 4, Fall 1996
    * Gray Pancakes and Gold Horses
    * Safari
    * To Reach for the Stars

  LeAnne Mayne     KB9ZEF      leanne at uddle.com
    Listen  to:   LIFE  THE  UNIVERSE  &
                          EVERYTHING  w/Blair Alper
     Sundays 7pm CST HTTP://cband.info/rfd2.m3u