[il-talk] travel to convention

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 29 02:39:23 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

If you are interested in going to the National convention in Detroit this
year, and if you are interested in taking the train as your means of travel.
I would suggest that you make reservations in a hurry.

Although there are three trains in each direction, it may already be
difficult to get great fares.  I know when I purchased my ticket, I got the
last $29 coach seat on my train coming back from Detroit.

Though you may still be able to find similar fares, you may have to take a
train running at an inconvenient time in order to do it.  So, if you are
interested in budget priced seating, my suggestion is that you call Amtrak
as early as you can do so.

Also, we need to pass the word on to chapter members who are not on IL-talk.