[il-talk] good news

Patti Gregory-Chang pattichang at att.net
Wed Jul 1 02:21:42 UTC 2009

I have 2 pieces of good news.

1.  We received our $3,000 grant from the Lindon trust for our 2009-2010
Freedom Link program.

2.  Denise and I met today with congressman Quigley.  It was a favorable
meeting particularly with regard to Quiet Cars.  He hasn't agreed to
cosponsor but I would not be at all surprised if he did.  Considering that
we did not get any follow up with Ralm Emanuel this appointment which lasted
longer than expected is especially awesome.  Thanks to Syed for setting it
up.

Patti Gregory-Chang
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
pattichang at att.net
www.nfbofillinois.org