[il-talk] where's the orders

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 14 20:39:55 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, circa 1984, Clara Peller asked the ever imposing, thought
provoking question, "Where's the beef?"

I must ask the question another way.  Where's the candy orders?

In answer to Clara Peller's question, there will be beefing a-plenty when we
wish to become involved in projects, or when we wish to help the National
Office in a program or two and there will be no "beef" to give.

Over the past week, the talley of orders for candy have been about as
bountiful as Old Mother Hubbards cubbard.  We all need to do something about
that.  We have until April 1 to show our commitment to this project.  We can
do it, but will we?