[il-talk] contentious article

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 4 22:49:47 UTC 2009

Oh, I love it!  I wish I'd thought of that this morning when a guy (I think
it was a male) grabbed me on a CTA platform without a word.  Without a word
he/she tucked my arm into his/hers as if we were the best of friends.  Three
times, with increasing emphasis, I said, "Let go please, I'm fine," and when
that was totally ignored I just wrenched loose and went on my way.  I find
it's really unsettling to be grabbed on a subway platform, a situation in
which I especially want to keep my wits about me.

Debbie