[il-talk] Board meeting agenda draft

Patti Gregory-Chang pattichang at att.net
Mon May 25 16:13:41 UTC 2009

Wed/ May 27, 2009 NFBI Meeting

Draft agenda

7:00 via conference call to 712 580 7700 using code 6324 Our draft agenda is
below. Please let me know what else needs to be on this agenda.

Secretary's report from 3/22 tabled on 4/26 Carmen

Secretary's report from 4/26 Carmen

Treasurer's Report Kelly

Tabled items from 4/26 Are we ready to decide?

set prices for state convention meals and registration

Victor's for scholarship
Youthslam kids to state convention

Items sold at convention - Debbie P.

Sorry Try again

I-Pod raffle

Candy

First Aid Kits

State Legislation Follow up -

Pedestrian Bill I forwarded - Will they support our resolution?

Resolution on HR734 and S841

Vendors bill

Legislative Reception on 5/19 - Debbie P and follow up by Bill R.

3/12 Legislative Event report - up for approval

- Mary Lou and Bill

Legislative follow-ups Syed and Annette

9 in the House from Il on 734 and 1 senator S841

We have 4 on 886

How many more visits have we done?

What about Guitierrez -

Quigley -

Freedom Link Report Kelly

National Convention

Make Reservations - 800 266 9432 Detroit Marriott

Mentoring - Ronza Cathy and Debbie

Jodi Witthaus her father, and her boyfriend

Roseanne Grogin, Howard Wilson, Wilbert, Fashondra, Niko Carpenter

Maureen Lamparis, Araceli Avina, Kurt Boyer, Patricia Bissel

Who else is going?

Have we done initial contacts?

Who is willing to mentor?

Parent Leadership Program

Beth and Maureen Lamparis

Braille Literacy next event?

Should we buy coins to auction off in the future?

Membership drive

Howard or Wilbert

Educators to convention

Beth Sturman

State Convention

living it up

speakers-

No Cullerton

Human Right Comm confirmed

Governor's office WIP

student panel -

meal events

What do parents want to do?

What about kids camp?

Who is taking registrations - I left a message for Kelly.

Blurb is up on webpage.

Let's do bulletin and registration.

Mailing of same?

Old Business

New Business

Next meeting

Adjournment

Patti Gregory-Chang
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
pattichang at att.net
www.nfbofillinois.org