[il-talk] Memorial Day

Connie J. Davis condav8950 at att.net
Mon May 25 17:57:28 UTC 2009

Amen, Joe!
Connie Davis, human being

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: jlmonti at sbcglobal.net
  To: il-talk at nfbnet.org
  Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 12:52 PM
  Subject: [il-talk] Memorial Day

  Please keep thos who fought for us and lost their lives in your prayers today.
  because of my eyes, i could not fight. i had so many friends, relatives, and students who did fight. some enlisted some were drafted. but they fought and some did not ccome back. every sunday in church we read the names of those killed in the war that week. now we have started to read the names of those killed here in chicago due to violence. sometimes the chicago lisst is longer than the irag list. scarey.
  i always felt a fondness for those who went off to fight. maybe because i couldn't. i guess they haven't found a way for the Blind to fight yet. the losing of a child is a great sorrow, some say the greatest. i know that sorrow. mine due to illness.
  so keep the day sacred.
  DONA NOBIS PACEM